- 5:30am: up
- 8:15am: EWR – LAX, 6.5 hours
- 2pm (5pm EST): LAX – OGG, 6 hours
- 7:30pm (12:30am): drive from Kahului to Kaanapali
- 9:30pm (2:30am): down
It took 21 hours, but it’s still pretty amazing that we’re now truly in the middle of the Pacific. A few notable things so far:
- United has filed for Chapter 11, so it’s cutting cost like mad. No free meal any more. But we did get to see the Queen, very nice movie.
- We got a north-facing “ocean view” suite on the top floor (12th) of a hotel. The suite has everything for comfortable living: full kitchen, dining area, bookshelf, walk-in closet, and most important of all–cable modem.
- We walked over to a mall next door and had noodle soup for dinner. Nice place with lots of boutique stores, and a grocery store where we’ll get water and stuff. Sweet!
As the first truly relaxing vacation we’ve had, I think I’ll be able to post on a daily basis.